|Occupation||Wal-Mart Assistant Manager|
Clare Shackleford (Wife)
Henry Shackleford (Father)
Hannah Shackleford (Mother)
Clare Shackleford (Daughter)
Lori Haynes (Lover)
|First Appearance||"Dead Rising"|
- "You don't just end it cause it's hard. You stick it out, and you help the folks you care about"
- —Rusty to the Group regarding Nadia's suicide.[src]
Andrew "Rusty" Shackleford is the main protagonist in Living In The Land Of The Dead. He is the son of Henry and Hannah Shackleford, and the husband of Clare Shackford and the father of the newborn Clare.
Rusty is an 25 year old Caucasian male with light brown hair. He shares the same eye color as his father, blue. As the series progresses he loses his left hand and right pinkie finger.
Rusty is typically calm, smart, just, a good friend and father, but will often stubbornly cling to his personal strong moral code which has resulted in numerous bad calls and extra stress within the group, he is also a natural leader. Despite his faults, his combat skill and care for all members of the group have led him to be looked up to, and allowed him to take the leadership role within the group. He is shown to be incredibly protective of his group and their well-being, having engaged numerous threats, even other living people to keep them safe. After the death of his wife Clare and his father Henry, Rusty becomes very emotionally unstable, and it is not until just before the group learns of the NWO threat that Rusty comes back to his senses.
This list shows the victims Rusty has killed:
- Jake (Alive & Zombified)
- 4 Unamed Prisoners
- Tyrone (Zombified)
- Jared (Zombified)
- Tony Young (Indirectly Caused)
- 2 Unamed Hostile Survivors
- Zombified New Winston-Salem Colonists
- Numerous counts of NWO Soldiers
- Allen (Indirectly Caused & Zombified)
- Philip Cavana
- Clare Shackleford (Zombified)
- Big Kyle (Zombified)
- Several Prison Bandits
- Bowman (Before Reanimation)
- Numerous counts of zombies
- Rusty is one of the few members of his group that still believes in God and an afterlife